Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cheap Hamburger Meat!

This idea was posted by a member on PYP and I think it is great! London Broil is on sale at Bashas this week for 1.87lb. She says, "They grind up the london broil free of charge to make great hamburger. In fact, when I asked the butcher last time to do this, he told me that is exactly what he does for his own personal hamburger. He waits for a big sale then stocks up. It has very low fat (butcher said about 98% fat free) and there's hardly any grease left over. He didn't mind at all that I asked for 20 to 25 lbs. of it ground up. He actually searched the store to ask me if I wanted him to wrap each pound individually. Maybe your butcher will be as nice as the one by me. $1.87 for 98% hamburger. Can't beat that price!" I plan on heading to Bashas in the next couple of days to try this!

No comments: